Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 7 April 2014

Billy The Kid


In between doing some work on the cavalry I have been tickling the brushes over the Andrea Miniatures "Billy the Kid". I am beginning to sound like a broken record when i say these figures are superb, but I just can't help it - they are!



I really enjoyed painting this one. I also used the new Scale 75 paints for the flesh. I must say I am very impressed with the quality. They also dry very matt. So I think i need to try some of the colour packs .

Not bad comparison , although perhaps should have had darker trousers,
 

Painting what appears to be a ribbed / corduroy jacket was "fun"


 And here is a group shot of all the Andrea figures together.
 

So  I need your help on which figure from the range to choose next to order up from Historex, just leave a reply , the one with most votes will be the next 54mm project.



Wild Bill Hickock

High Noon - Gary Cooper

Pale Rider

Magnificent 7 - Yul Brinner

Winchester 73 - James Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment