Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 30 July 2012

The return of the Bounty Hunter

I have added the last few Old West figures for a while. We see the return  of the Bounty Hunter - the previous one went to e-bay to help fund the project! A lovely figure of the "Man with No Name" (I love painting the design on the poncho)  by "ebob" , seen here talking to another incarnation of Al Swearengen by Artizan. I already have Al from the Blue Moon set so this one  will just be another gambler in town


Along with another couple of cowboys from the Artizan Trail Boss and Cowboys set. These two were a real pleasure to paint with great faces. Also there are 3 standing horses suitable for ones at hitching posts etc - these are by Knuckleduster. Also the fencing from Gamecraft - altogether 100 inches of it for $9.


Along with the foot figure to accompany the Pony Express mounted version.

So off to create some suitable shotgun templates and paint some more tartan. I may even have an initial game report next week for the Old West.

18 comments:

  1. Love that 'Man With No Name' figure. I remember the eyes, the bluejeans and the poncho were brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - Curt - it certanly is a great figure , but certainly a challenge to paint - good fun!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous, I also love that 'Man With No Name' miniature. I see what you mean about the faces on the other two and a great job you've done on them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really nice work! Faces are very impressive! Thanks to let us travel through the Old West!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my pleasure Phil - glad you like my little Old West world

      Delete
  4. The "Man With No Name" is a gtreat character, and all the figures are fantastic. A great work with those faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juan - the MNN miniature is a little small compared to the rest , but i will forgive that as it is just so good.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thnks Frn - such good figures make areal difference

      Delete
  6. Excellent painting Dave, you just gotta love Blondie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Blondi indeed - now all I need is decent Eli Walach figure!

      Delete
  7. Nice work Dave, some gritty looking characters there.

    ReplyDelete