Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Thursday 8 March 2012

'I'm Your Huckleberry.'

As Doc Holliday says to "Ringo" in the film who would be a "cowboy". These guys are Black Scorpion Miniatures Tombstone range. Virgil, Morgan & Wyattt Earp and thier friend Doc Holliday on the street howitzer. Really good quality figures with little work other then a paint job required.



11 comments:

  1. Great work on these Dave, beaut castings. I have just received some of their pirates and they look pretty special too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i had to stop myself buying the pirates!

      Delete
  2. Nice Dave, Like the pin stripe get up too!
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you have to challenge yourself don't ya

      Delete
  3. Very nice, I often think cowboy figures just don't look right. Either the pose or the look of the figure. These score high on all points

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - i know wht you mean -a lot seem very dumpy to me - these are really nice - I also have Pat Garret by them to do.

      Delete
  4. I've not seen any of these before. Nice pieces and nice paintwork on them. They guy with the 'stash is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - they were new to me too - only just come across this manufacturer myself - they do nice stuff

      Delete
  5. Dave these guys are really great love the pin striping really nice work

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic - love the mud round the hems of their coats

    ReplyDelete