Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Polish & Bavarian Commanders

I have had very little painting time this week as I have been travelling in the day job, and called in at Marks WHC on Sat/Sun  to check out the new Arnhem game set up. I was cajoled into calling in the Allied air power - rolling Double 6 - 4 times out 5 Yes the dice were examined and proceeded to roll 2's for other people.  So  anyway I decided to complete a few more command stands last night that had previously been undercoated. (Usual Humbrol Tank Grey 67)

Two Polish divisional generals. Both by "Front Rank" again very nice castings. I used "Front Rank" horses  this time as I felt the riders pose went well with their walking horses , so I chose one with head up and one head down. These has been completed in the last big horse batch. As per previous Poles I used Vallejo Dark Prussian Blue , and lightening from there with Flat blue mix. These were finished in Matt varnish for their new home. Again this did mean a slight refresh of the metallic once that had dried.





The Bavarian General is again "Front Rank". This time he is a bit more animated. Looking through the completed horse batch there was an old "Connoisseur" heavy horse that I thought he looked really good on, so the two were paired. The basic block colour was Vallejo Flat Blue which was highlighted up gradually and finished with top highlights of Andrea Blue (70841). After the Matt varnish I again refreshed top highlights and metallic.






As for this week I have had a project bumped up the painting table with the arrival of castings from "Bicorne" of  a 20+ piece set for a French Guard Band. They look interesting and fun to do - a nice wounded pair singing along included. Plus more work on the castings for the Vistula Legion Lancers that are in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning!! Very impressed with the blues. Nice colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice,
    The match of the Bavarian rider and horse look great, brilliant horse from an older range.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete